Why we use Oracle Asset Tracking
Written by Super User
Blog Hits: 2983
Q: What is the Install Base (aka Oracle Asset Tracking)?
‘The ability to lifetime track both the assets you sell to your customers, or your own assets that are loaned to your customers.’
A: Oracle Install Base enables you to track the entire life cycle of an item from its management in Inventory, out to customer locations and back through returns and repairs.
Q: Why use it?
A: The Install base module can be, to some industries, the hub of your operation. The Install Base maintains change history, configuration of equipment, software, assets or services, meter readings for billing, and a history of all service performed for a customer.
Whatever your operation, Oracle Install Base is likely to be heavily integrated into your other modules. Install Base integrates into Oracle Inventory, Oracle Order Management, Oracle Service Contracts, Oracle Service, Oracle Leasing, Oracle Telco Billing and Oracle Depot Repair
Common oracle install Base issues
- Mis-understanding of the Integration with Oracle Inventory and Oracle Order Management, leading to insufficient testing of solution.
- Inability to manage Error transactions held in the Oracle Service Fulfilment Manager (SFM) queues.
- No clear Business ownership of the Install base and errored transactions.
- Incorrect setup of Install Base Transaction Types to support all business processes.
- Not limiting users access to ‘read only’, rather than ‘read & update’ access.
Vaquita Business Consulting experience
- We have extensive hands-on experience of Oracle Install Base from 11.5.6 through to R12.
- Vaquita Business Consulting have a knowledge base of designs for the install base to meet your business requirements including migration of legacy data, customisations and leverage of the product via standard functionality.
- Vaquita have worked on implementations with more than 6,000,000 install base transactions per year. We understand BOM models running to multi-levels. We have extensive Service integration knowledge from Field Service to return repair processes.
Vaquita Business Consulting Unique Selling Points
- Design and configuration of Oracle Install base for large scale implementations across multiple countries and time-zones.
- Experience of writing large scale data fix scripts. E.g. Removal of IB tracking parameter across organizations of over 500,000 incorrectly set up install base items.
- Error management, including the investigation and resolution of large scale recurring Install Base errors.
- Hands-on experience of the Oracle error correction tools, and when NOT to use them.
- Unique experience of the Oracle Service Fulfilment Manager (SFM) enabling us to leverage the technology where others have customised.
Does your executive team need team building? Take an adventure together with https://t.co/JD8kTubouA Highly recomm… https://t.co/ql7tJJVcIK
Community energy schemes in Nottingham @trentbasinnews https://t.co/nIy5H7Q0Rq⚡️
Delivered @ShipstoneBeer #nutbrown to the @TheLionBasford today. Get in there! https://t.co/3EZDl9WCX3
RT @GroomBasford: This is why East Midlands have the best beer @ShipstoneBeer @BlackIrisBrewer @ScribblersAles not on but @totallybreweduk…
RT @ShipstoneBeer: Sampling some lovely local beers down @TheWollatonPK https://t.co/z65I8TRt4b
RT @thebunkershill: Today's fantastic #locALE cask range @LincolnGBrewing @BlackIrisBrewer @ShipstoneBeer https://t.co/KKrA7t7NYL
@neale_si All set up and ready to drink tomorrow once it's settled.
RT @neale_si: Racking tasty @ShipstoneBeer for @festoffood this w/e @RosemaryShrager @lisafaulkner1 @DhruvBaker1 @Anjuladevi https://t.co/H…
RT @smallfoodbakery: Ey Up Notts! Bakery open tomorrow 9-2 // #sourdough #localfood #Nottinghamrocks #realbread #sourdoughseptember https:/…
RT @vaquita_tv: NOAA establishes final rule on marine mammal bycatch for seafood imports. "For example, the critically... https://t.co/UxK…
RT @GroomBasford: @ShipstoneBeer @BlackIrisBrewer @CRBrewery just 3 of the 7 going well tonight. Happy days https://t.co/hKZxX2Odau
RT @Notts_Food_Fest: Marco Pierre White with @MamaJacqs at #NottinghamFoodFestival https://t.co/dBdRt8WY7i
RT @Lord1Stu: @ShipstoneBeer enjoying the lost boy tent @Notts_Food_Fest https://t.co/RLd87APzCH
RT @TheYorkChambers: White Fox has left the den and been replaced by @ShipstoneBeer Gold Star a delightful smooth Pale 4.2% Pale
At @TheCodsScallops picking up a delicious lunch to go with my @ShipstoneBeer
RT @NMFCOfficial: We're the ONLY Vic club with no pokies and gambling revenue. This is how: https://t.co/aVpRFB6CV4 #ShareTheSpirit https:/…
Vaquita Business Consultants are extremely sociable, but we prefer to communicate face to face!
So we would love to receive your feedback, ideas, photograph and suggestions in order to help us improve. Our favourite form of being sociable is going for a coffee or tea and catching up face to face,'so please do get in touch with us and let us put your ideas into action. We love delivery, that's where we excel.
Presentations? Need us to present at a conference? Get in touch - again we're interested in hearing from you.
However, if you prefer to communicate with us using internet tools, here’s some links: