Mobile Field Service
Written by Super User
Blog Hits: 1019
‘Less than 20% of after-sales service processes have been optimised, costing product-centric businesses billions of dollars.’ Gartner, Field Service best Practices for Capital Equipment-Intensive industries, September 2005.
What can Mobile Field Service software do?
Integrated field applications for job management, debrief and technician information allow;
- Up to date customer, contract entitlement, product and parts info. presented to technician;
- Accurate logging of job labour, material and expense usage;
- Simplified views of work on a map;
- Creation of service requests;
- Placement of parts orders, and;
- A spare part returns process.
This minimizes the time on the phone or at the office with dispatch, engineering and the call centre; resulting in more customer facing time to improve relationships and increase customer loyalty.
Vaquita business consulting experience
Vaquita business consulting are experts in leveraging Field Service systems to optimise Service processes and create maximum financial returns. We have worked on designs and roll-out of Oracle mobile field service applications ranging from 100 to 1500 field technicians, scheduling work in real-time across country time-zones.
With wireless infrastructure rapidly changing, we have also been involved with using Mobile field Service with the latest 4G networks. And we were one of the first to go-live with the R12 on-line Field Service Portal, which, with proper business process development, will dramatically bring down the cost of ownership of a Field Service application.
We help businesses efficiently manage;
- Technician schedules;
- Customer Service Level Agreements (SLAs);
- Contractual coverage;
- Field spares usage and forecasting;
- Field meterage, and;
- Follow up activities.
Common Issues we've encountered when troubleshooting failing projects:
- Lack of integrated end-to-end process. The new process is more complicated and takes longer than the old process.
- Ineffective cultural change management, encapsulated by delayed job completion reports or inaccurate debrief.
- Unworkable spare parts ordering process. Process ‘propped-up’ by paper and telephone workarounds.
- Technical installation and ongoing synchronization issues.
- Inaccuracy of debriefed parts and labour.
- Inaccurate monitoring and supervision.
Benefits we can bring to your project:
- Experience: We've done this before.
- Data Accuracy: Accurate spare parts, labour times, counter (meter - e.g. water meters, meters on photocopiers etc.) data and charges.
- Strict configuration control: With our structured approach.
- Monitoring tools: Full lifecycle project experience: Installing, Troubleshooting, Monitoring and Maintaining.
- Interdepartmental experience: We’ll walk the changes through departments.
- Technology Experience: Experience with a range of projects using Mobile Field Service, Pocket PC and Service Portal on platforms like 3G/4G (1xRTT) systems.
Call Vaquita Business Consulting today and let's have a coffee.
Does your executive team need team building? Take an adventure together with https://t.co/JD8kTubouA Highly recomm… https://t.co/ql7tJJVcIK
Community energy schemes in Nottingham @trentbasinnews https://t.co/nIy5H7Q0Rq⚡️
Delivered @ShipstoneBeer #nutbrown to the @TheLionBasford today. Get in there! https://t.co/3EZDl9WCX3
RT @GroomBasford: This is why East Midlands have the best beer @ShipstoneBeer @BlackIrisBrewer @ScribblersAles not on but @totallybreweduk…
RT @ShipstoneBeer: Sampling some lovely local beers down @TheWollatonPK https://t.co/z65I8TRt4b
RT @thebunkershill: Today's fantastic #locALE cask range @LincolnGBrewing @BlackIrisBrewer @ShipstoneBeer https://t.co/KKrA7t7NYL
@neale_si All set up and ready to drink tomorrow once it's settled.
RT @neale_si: Racking tasty @ShipstoneBeer for @festoffood this w/e @RosemaryShrager @lisafaulkner1 @DhruvBaker1 @Anjuladevi https://t.co/H…
RT @smallfoodbakery: Ey Up Notts! Bakery open tomorrow 9-2 // #sourdough #localfood #Nottinghamrocks #realbread #sourdoughseptember https:/…
RT @vaquita_tv: NOAA establishes final rule on marine mammal bycatch for seafood imports. "For example, the critically... https://t.co/UxK…
RT @GroomBasford: @ShipstoneBeer @BlackIrisBrewer @CRBrewery just 3 of the 7 going well tonight. Happy days https://t.co/hKZxX2Odau
RT @Notts_Food_Fest: Marco Pierre White with @MamaJacqs at #NottinghamFoodFestival https://t.co/dBdRt8WY7i
RT @Lord1Stu: @ShipstoneBeer enjoying the lost boy tent @Notts_Food_Fest https://t.co/RLd87APzCH
RT @TheYorkChambers: White Fox has left the den and been replaced by @ShipstoneBeer Gold Star a delightful smooth Pale 4.2% Pale
At @TheCodsScallops picking up a delicious lunch to go with my @ShipstoneBeer
RT @NMFCOfficial: We're the ONLY Vic club with no pokies and gambling revenue. This is how: https://t.co/aVpRFB6CV4 #ShareTheSpirit https:/…
Vaquita Business Consultants are extremely sociable, but we prefer to communicate face to face!
So we would love to receive your feedback, ideas, photograph and suggestions in order to help us improve. Our favourite form of being sociable is going for a coffee or tea and catching up face to face,'so please do get in touch with us and let us put your ideas into action. We love delivery, that's where we excel.
Presentations? Need us to present at a conference? Get in touch - again we're interested in hearing from you.
However, if you prefer to communicate with us using internet tools, here’s some links: